Hampton Inn Traverse City wins award!Our Hampton Inn Traverse City property has received a Most Improved Guest Experience Award for being a top 1% performer!Congratulations to the Traverse City property team. We appreciate all of the work you are doing to best serve our guests and to make their stay a memorable experience.
Respect is key in retaining a high-performing team: General Manager at Home2 Suites Naples shares best practices for leading a strong, stable team
What does it take to build and retain a top-performing team?
It can be a challenge, but GM Dominick Soricelli at Home2 Suites Naples I75 Pine Ridge Road, FL is defying the odds while generating some impressive performance numbers:
- YTD at 150 RPI
- 89% Occupancy
- Overall Experience 84.0
- Overall Service 92.0
- Cleanliness of Room 93.6
- % of Problem Free Stays 91.0
- Consistently in the top 1% of the Home2 brand
The hotel has been open for a year, and 17 of his current 24 Team Members have been with the team since opening. Here are Dominick’s tips for retaining great Team Members:
- Be fair, just, and honest with every Team Member.
- Show your Team Members that you care about them … not with just words, but with actions. For example, are your housekeepers busy? Bring them water or a snack!
- Prove to your Team Members that there is nothing beneath you, especially in times like this. For example, work different departments - strip rooms, fold laundry, or clean rooms and public areas.
- Prove to your Team Members that they are not alone in this.
- Ask for help from your Team Members when you need it.
- Treat each Team Member with RESPECT. To me, this is the best thing you can do for your team! Our team is what makes us successful … not the other way around.
We have a lot of respect for Dominick and his team for sticking together and serving up Free To Be You Hospitality in ways that are really resonating with guests!
Property Team Member Joins GHS Mentor ProgramCongratulations to Patrick on being added to the GHS Inc. mentor program!Since he joined the Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso team in July, he has continued to WOW us and we are truly looking forward to his added development with our new team members.Great job, Patrick!
Employee Spotlight: Jessi MoralesJessi Morales is a part of our team as a Housekeeper at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Airport/Plainfield.Jessi has been with our Plainfield team since September. She has a lot of experience in housekeeping and has exemplified this from the time she joined us. She is always willing to do what is needed and is very keen on details. We are blessed to have Jessi and her positive attitude!Excellent job, Jessi! We appreciate all you do for our Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Airport/Plainfield guests and property.
Employee Spotlight: Hajrije JahovicHajrije Jahovic is a part of our team as a Housekeeper at Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso.Hajrije has been with our Valparaiso team a little over a year. She is a go-getter who is always up for any task she is asked to do. Whether another department needs help or there are extra housekeeping duties to be done, she always does it with a smile. Our guests love her and her attention to detail, so much so that some even ask for her specifically.Excellent job, Hajrije! We appreciate all you do for our Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso guests and property.